The independently audited accounts for 2022-23 for Yomelelani ECD were approved at their AGM on 6th September 2023.
Revenues 2022/23 (Rand)
The key sources of income in 2022-23, totalled R2,796,840m and included:
- Government Grants
- School fees paid by parents
- South African Sponsors, Trusts and individual donors
- The UK based Yomelelani Trust
Government Grants and school fees covered approximately 48.5% of cash costs in 2022/23 (45.5% 2021/2022).
It should be noted that income in 2022-23, was boosted by a generous ‘one-off’ donation to the Yomelelani Trust R350,000 and passed through to Yomelelani ECD.
Key Expenditure: 2022-23
Expenditure in 2022/23 totalled R2,546,409m (excluding depreciation) and covered the following costs
- Employee Expenses – salaries, pension contributions, training
- Food Costs
- Municipal Costs including electricity
- Maintenance and repair costs
- other costs
Depreciation which is a non cash item totalled R95,000.
If standards are to be maintained at the School and a sustainable long term position achieved the regular donor base must be expanded both in South Africa and overseas.
Please do consider if you are able to Donate